The US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) is quickly being adopted by organizations of all types and sectors around the globe.
Should you consider adopting the NIST Cybersecurity Framework?
The NIST Webinar On-Demand Series will provide you with a solid understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework to help you decide if it’s right for you and your organization.
Demystifying the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF): CSF 101
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) was originally focused on the Critical Infrastructure Sectors but is quickly being adopted by organizations of all types and sectors. Should you consider adopting the CSF? This webinar will provide you with a solid understanding of the CSF to help you decide if it’s right for you. We’ve invited Adam Sedgewick, Senior Information Technology Policy Advisor, National Institute of Standards and Technology, to join us on this informative webinar.
Topics covered will include:
- A brief history of the CSF and its development
- The goals and outcomes it was designed to address
- The three main components of the CSF: Core, Profile & Tiers
- Its use in both Regulated and Non-Regulated environments
- Common use cases
Learn How the NIST CSF Benefits Small and Medium Businesses
Small businesses are increasingly being targeted by cyber criminals. With precious few resources, how can small businesses defend against ransomware, data breaches, insider threat and more?
Join this webinar to learn how the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) can be an important resource to help small businesses defend against cyber-attacks.
- A basic understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Special coverage on the recently released NIST publication on "Small Business Information Security: The Fundamentals"
- A review on alignment of Symantec solutions to the CSF
Using the NIST CSF to prepare for Canada Digital Privacy Act
The Digital Privacy Act (DPA) from Canada is here…are you ready? The Government of Canada passed the Digital Privacy Act (DPA), which amends and updates the existing federal privacy legislation. As a business in Canada, what does this mean to you and are you ready?
Aside from the obvious ramifications of a breach such as lost data and revenue, one of the many new requirements of the DPA requires all Canadian organizations to "keep and maintain a record of every breach of security safeguards involving personal information under its control."
Attend this on-demand webinar to learn how to use the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) as a tool to help determine if you’re ready for this new, important legislation.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Basic overview of NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Review what the Canadian Digital Privacy Act (DPA) requirements mean for your organization
- Understand how to utilize the CSF to prepare for the Digital Privacy Act
Demystifying the NIST Cybersecurity Framework for Healthcare
As cyber-attacks are growing more sophisticated and focused on the healthcare industry, it is paramount that these organizations put in place an effective, robust, and dynamic approach to identifying, managing and/or mitigating critical threats on an ongoing basis.
This quarterly webinar series is designed to discuss how healthcare organizations are adopting the 5 core functions of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework - Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover - to help them defend against cybersecurity threats on an ongoing basis, prioritize security risks and incidents based on potential impacts, and mitigate the most significant problems first, all while maintaining compliance with HIPAA and other federal and state regulations.
Join us for Part 1 of this series as Cerner’s Chief Security Officer Don Kleoppel discusses how Cerner is using the NIST CSF as the foundation to building out their cybersecurity strategy, lessons learned through the process, and what the framework means to not only their organization but also to the customers they serve.
During this on-demand webinar, we will also cover:
- Mapping current investments to the NIST CSF as well as identifying security gaps to efficiently manage your cybersecurity posture
- Symantec’s involvement with NIST in building out a framework specific to meeting healthcare requirements and regulations
- Leveraging the CSF to shift from a “check the box” compliance mindset to an automated risk management approach